15 Must Have Productivity Apps for Android
1. Google Drive
Google drive is the only cloud storage we need in order to store some important documents, email attachments, pictures etc.
Nowadays Google Drive is been integrated into most of the applications and this makes easier to attach or share documents on the go.
As it is a Google product, searching a file or folder is much easier than any other cloud storage app available.
Things that can be done with Google Drive:-
- With 15GB of free storage, you can save any documents to the cloud safely.
- Share any folder from Google drive to anyone with a limited or full access.
- Attach Google drive files to any applications as it is been integrated to most of the applications.
- Automatically backup all the photos from Google Photos. (Need to turn on this feature in Google Photos).
The name says it all. Yes, This app pushes any of our content to any of our linked devices with the speed of a bullet.
Pushbullet is must for those who always need all their documents, pictures or any other contents shared across their multiple devices in one click. This saves time and also increases the productivity.
The Best thing about Pushbullet is, it allows you to send and receive messages, phone calls, or notifications right from your PC or any devices that are properly connected and synced.
Things that can be done with Pushbullet:-
- Send pictures, documents, URL’s etc to any of your linked devices.
- Always stay connected as you can receive phone calls, messages, and notifications to your PC with end-to-end encryption.
Are you getting tired or annoyed in organizing all those Bills? Then you got the right app.
Yes, this is the only app I use to manage all my bills and organize them by making different sections and folders so that I can easily look into it at any point of time.
Managing physical bills are often cumbersome because it is space consuming and at times you might have forgotten where exactly you kept those bills.
Camscanner is a scanning application for android and iOS that beautifully scans any documents and with its powerful algorithm, it perfectly renders those scanned copy, as a result, you will be not able to notice that it is been done from a mobile phone.
With Camscanner we can also extract the text from images (Optical Character Recognition).
Things that can be done with Camscanner:-
- Scan, Crop, Optimize any bills or documents and digitize them in one place.
- Share the documents in any of the cloud storage.
- OCR helps in extracting the text from images.
- Add watermarks to your documents.
Evernote is the only Note taking app you ever need if you are a student, writer, freelancer or any content creators.
Evernote has the most advanced features than any other note-taking app out there.
It is available for Android, Windows, Mac, iOS, Web and all the notes are synchronized and can be managed from anywhere.
Evernote has got a user-friendly interface with powerful editing options.
Evernote allows you to manage any notes in any of your Notebooks in a proper sequence, as a result, you can easily find your notes with the help of categories and tags or even with their powerful search options.Evernote’s Chrome extension allows you to clip any web article and save them in your note. It is really a handy feature if you want to add web clips to your notes and i use it most of the time.
Evernote’s Chrome extension allows you to clip any web article and save them in your note. It is really a handy feature if you want to add web clips to your notes and I use it most of the time.
FACT: – Evernote can even find the text on images when you are searching for any notes.
Recently Evernote limited the free users to connect only 2 devices and wherein Premium users can connect unlimited users. Premium is bit expensive and it is useful if you are a freelancer or a content writer for multiple clients.
Evernote has got tons of features and therefore i will be writing a dedicated article on Evernote.
Things that can be done with Evernote:-
- Take Notes (Text or Handwritten), add tags and put them into any notebook.
- Clip Web articles using Evernote Chrome Extension.
- Scan and save documents and attach any files including audio and videos to your notes.
- Create Checklists and Manage them.
- Share notes via mail.
- Collaborate with your friends to do any projects.
Buffer is a must needed app for any blogger.
Buffer allows us to share articles to multiple social networking sites in one click and as a result, it saves a lot of time as we don’t need to visit those sites individually.
The free plan allows us to connect 4 social accounts and can schedule 10 posts per profile.
Things that can be done with Buffer:-
- Schedule and post any articles to multiple social sites from one place.
- Get analytics like the number of clicks, tweets, re-share from all those sites.
IFTTT is an acronym for If This Then That.
IFTTT is meant for automating everything.
Let me make it simple. If you want to make two apps to communicate with each other automatically without you intervening them then you need this app.
All you need to do is you need to add the applets(Various functions from individual apps) and trigger their functions.
Currently, there are more than 400 apps that work with IFTTT.There are thousands of things that you can automate with this app and this is up to your creativity but however,
There are thousands of things that you can automate with this app and this is up to your creativity but however, I would like to list few things.
Things that can be done with IFTTT:-
As I mentioned above there are tons of services that you can automate with the help of IFTTT, however, let me list some of my favorite applets.
- Automatically send all the Gmail attachments to Google drive.
- Save Labelled email to Evernote.
- Save any Captured Photos to Dropbox.
- Save Favorite items from Pocket to Evernote.
7. Google Keep
Google Keep is also one of the best Note taking app and this allows you to take quick notes and stack them in a place.
Google keep is much improved now and also added handwriting option and this allows us to make use of the stylus.
This also allows us to create a checklist and organize them. We can even change the color of specific notes and categorize them.
Google keep has got a minimal user interface, powerful search options and is synced with your Google account.
Things that can be done with Google Keep:-
- Take a Quick Note.
- Collaborator in Google Keep allows you to share any file with your colleague or group to work with.
- Make a Checklist of reminders for upcoming tasks and organize them.
Pocket is a read-it-later app for android, iOS, and The Web. This is extremely useful if you want to save any videos or web pages to read them later.
Pocket has become so powerful that you can add as many tags as you want for individual saved links and this will allow you to search anything easily and quickly.
The main reason to use Pocket is for its Clutter-free UI which avoids distraction as a result increases the readability.
Things that can be done using Pocket:-
- Save any web pages, pictures or videos to check them later.
- Minimal and light user interface without any ads to increase reading experience.
- Listen to web articles using Text-to-speech.
Are you a tech savvy? Is your friend facing an issue with PC or smartphone? Here is the app which most of us already know that allows us to remotely access any PC, tablets or smartphones.
Teamviewer not only allows you to access those devices but you can also transfer the files back and forth.
The remote session taken from Teamviewer is highly secured because of 256 Bit AES Session Encoding, and 2048 Bit RSA Key Exchange.
Things that can be done with Teamviewer:-
- Take a remote access of any PC, Smartphones or tablets to troubleshoot them.
- Transfer files between devices.
- Transmission of Audio and Video in real time.
Picsart is the most powerful photo editing tool for android to unleash your creativity.
It has its own community where you come across millions of photo editors and their beautiful work.
Picsart also provides you 1000s of free clipart packs, fonts, stickers, collage templates and this makes the entire process much easier.
Picsart has got a new feature called AI-powered Magic Effects that turns every photo into art.
There are thousands of powerful features in Picsart to explore and I will write a dedicated article for Picsart some other day!
Things that can be done using Picsart:-
- Edit your photos and convert them into an art with your creative ideas and using the most powerful features that you can get on a smartphone.
- Get access to 1000s of free clipart bundles, fonts to add text on photos, stickers, collage backgrounds and emojis .
- Share your creative art to the picsart community and other social network sites.
11. WPS office
WPS office is the ultimate solution for all your documents. This Office application is created by Kingsoft Office Software Corporation Limited Business.
WPS office is feature rich and is available for Android, iOS, Windows, Linux.
I have personally tried dozens of office applications for Android but none of them work like WPS office.
The Key features like Converting any office documents to PDF files, Mobile view, Document encryption, Wireless casting, Fluid touch response takes WPS office to the top position.
Things that can be done with WPS Office:-
- Free PDF Converter to convert any Office documents to PDF file.
- Connect to Cloud Drive to save office documents to the cloud automatically.
- Documents Encryption.
- Make Presentations on-the-go.
- Supports 51 languages and Open Almost Any Office File Formats.
- Split screen view allows you to to do more work in limited time.
12. Total Fitness
Are you a fitness freak? Don’t miss Total fitness app. This app is lightweight and I use this app as soon as I hit the gym.
Love for this app keeps increasing every time I use it because it not only provides you a blueprint and instructions but you can also log the number of sets, repetitions, weight lifted, feelings and much more and this motivates you to hit the gym every day and track your performance.
Things that can be done with Total Fitness:-
- Gym Exercises Guide.
- Gym & Home Workouts.
- Guided Workouts.
- Workout Builder.
- Nutrition Advice.
- Utilities to calculate your IMC, Fat %, and your Strength.